Lunar gardening calendar: the principle
For more than a century, several generations of gardeners and peasants have observed theinfluence of the moon on the quality of their crops. By comparing observations and experiences, several principles were highlighted, which made it possible to establish correspondences between the phases of the moon, its trajectory in the sky and the development of plants… with the key real benefits of the moon over the plants, fruits and vegetables of the garden!
Lunar calendar in June 2020: which moon phases?
If you follow the precepts of the lunar gardening, the rising and falling phases of the moon are very important: in fact, the phases of the rising moon are those during which you will be able to sow, grow, graft; while the descending phases will be reserved for pruning, planting, cuttings and repotting.
Likewise, during the waning moon phases (period from the new moon to the full moon) the crops are supposed to be kept for conservation, while during the waning moon phases (period which runs from the full moon to the next new moon), the crops are made to be consumed.
During the first half of June:
- June 1 to June 4, 2020: waning moon
- June 5-18, 2020: ascending moon
- First district: (Saturday May 30), Sunday June 28
- Full moon: Friday June 5
During the second half of June:
- June 19-30, 2020: waning moon
- Last quarter: Saturday June 13
- New Moon: Sunday June 21
Lunar calendar of June 2020: the days when it is better not to garden
Gardening with the moon involves respecting certain principles, such as that of not gardening (or avoiding gardening 5 hours before or after) on days when the moon is at a period:
- Apogee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon deviates from it at most (maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon).
- Perigee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its journey around the Earth, the moon gets as close as possible to the latter (minimum distance between the two stars).
- Lunar node (when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon "cuts" the plane of rotation of the latter around the Sun).
For the month of June 2020 :
- Lunar perigee: Wednesday June 3, Tuesday June 30
- Ascending lunar node: Saturday June 6
- Lunar peak: Monday June 15
- Descending lunar node: Sunday, June 21
Lunar calendar for the month of June 2020: fruit days, leaf days, flower days…
Taking into account its orbit, its axis and its distance from the Earth, the lunar calendar differentiates:
- Fruit days, during which you will have to focus on your fruit trees, whether planting, sowing or harvesting!
- On root days, where emphasis should be placed on planting, sowing and harvesting bulbs and root vegetables.
- Flower days, in other words the perfect days to care for your flowers, shrubs and other plants.
- On leaf days, particularly favorable for cutting, pruning, planting, sowing and cutting of leafy plants.
Applied to the lunar gardening calendar in June 2020:
- Fruit days in June 2020 : Sunday June 7, Monday June 8, Tuesday June 16, Wednesday June 17, Wednesday June 24, Thursday June 25, Friday June 26.
- Root days in June 2020 : Monday June 1, Tuesday June 2, Tuesday June 9, Thursday June 18, Friday June 19, Saturday June 20, Saturday June 27, Sunday June 28, Monday June 29, Tuesday June 30.
- Flower days in June 2020 : Wednesday June 3, Thursday June 4, Wednesday June 10, Thursday June 11, Friday June 12, Sunday June 21, Monday June 22.
- Leaf days in June 2020 : Friday June 5, Saturday June 6, Saturday June 13, Sunday June 14, Monday June 15, Tuesday June 23.